One of the most challenging aspects of owning a pool is knowing whether your dropping water level is the result of normal evaporation or you have a leak. Before calling us for leak detection services, we suggest that you conduct this simple test:
- Obtain a bucket, and fill it to within one inch of its top rim with water.
- Mark the water level on the inside of the bucket, then place the bucket on the top step of the swimming pool, marking the outside of the bucket with the swimming pool’s water level.
- Run the pool normally for 24 hours, and then check the water levels against the marks that you made on the bucket. If the change in water level is due to evaporation, the level of water inside the bucket will be the same as the level outside. If the difference in water level on the outside of the bucket is greater than on the inside of the bucket, then you likely have a leak and should call us for leak detection and repair.
When you contact us for leak detection, we will perform a thorough inspection of your pool, pressure testing the lines; dye testing; and physically inspecting the walls, drains, and returns. You will be given a quote for the repair, and, upon receiving your approval, we are generally able to complete the service quickly. In some cases we will be able to make the repair on the same day.
Our leak repair services include:
• Structural repairs for gunite pools
• Vinyl liner swimming pool repair
• Fiberglass swimming pool repair
• Above-ground swimming pool repair
• Swimming pool plumbing repairs
• Main drain repairs
• Pump and filter repairs
• Crack injection
Occasionally we perform a leak detection and repair, only to find that after the repairs are completed, the homeowner determines that there is evidence of leaking from an additional source. These types of smaller, secondary leaks are often undetectable until the larger leaks have been repaired, but they do not reflect a problem with the original leak, as each line is fully tested upon completion of the repair, in order to ensure that the job was completed properly.
We are committed to our customers’ satisfaction and warrant our leak detections for 45 days from the date of the problem’s diagnosis, as long as the customer has had us provide them with the recommended repairs. We cannot be responsible for additional leaks that arise following repairs made by another company or for leaks that the customer does not make us aware of in a timely fashion.